How to Change Email Signature in Outlook
Do you know how to change your email signature in Outlook? If you use this software to manage your email account, that's a relevant thing to learn, after all the signature you use it's very important.
An email signature gives you credibility. In the case of professional contacts, it shows to the person to who you are sending the email the company you are a part of, and what is your position inside it, conveying trust.
If you change your job or are promoted, it's necessary to change the email signature, right? So, check the article to know step-by-step how to do this in Outlook, whether you are using a Windows PC, a Mac, an iPhone, or an Android device.
- Open Outlook, select "File", "Options", "Mail", and then click on "Signature";
- Choose the email signature you wish to change, and make the alterations on the "Edit signature" section;
- After changing the email signature, review if it's correct, click on "Save", and "Ok".
- Open Outlook, on the menu at the top of the screen, click on "Preferences";
- The "Outlook Preferences" box will open, then select "signatures";
- On the "Signature Name" box, select the signature you desire to alter;
- In the "Signature" section make the changes, review them, and save them.
- Open the Outlook iPhone app;
- On the left corner of the top of the screen, click on your profile icon;
- Click on "Settings", "Mail", and "Signature";
- Then, change the email signature as you wish.
- Open the Outlook app on your Android smartphone;
- Go to "Settings", then select "Signature";
- Choose the signature you want to change;
- Click on "edit signature", make the changes, then click on "Ok".
The email signature should send the proper message and show that you are a trusting and competent professional, regardless if you are a freelancer, a CEO, an entrepreneur, or the head of the marketing department. So pay attention to what the email signature should contain.
When we are talking about choosing a great photo, it isn't a photo where you are partying or using a cute filter from Instagram. The photo on your email signature should look professional, choose one with a neutral background, which focuses on your face.
Most companies tend to create an email signature template, which makes it easier for employees that only need to insert their photos and personal information. The email signature should contain the company's logo, so the reader can quickly recognize where you work. Besides, it's a way to reinforce the brand's image.
You may think that as you are sending an email, the person already has the means to contact you, right? And that's correct, but maybe they would prefer to call you, for instance. So, include your company's phone number, and also the address.
Located at the bottom of the email, it may seem that the email signature is insignificant, but it isn't. A company that is worried about building a strong brand identity should consider every detail that is connected to how they communicate and convey an image to the world. Now that you have learned how to change email signature in Outlook, update yours, that small change will help you look more professional.
Sign up and try JivoChat for yourself!