31 Best WooCommerce Plugins to Grow Online Sales in 2021
Approximately 4.4 million live websites worldwide use WooCommerce, and about 3 million of those sites have an e-commerce checkout process. It’s a popular platform for many reasons, one of which is its extensibility — with the variety of WooCommerce plugins available, businesses can customize their e-commerce sites with ease.
We wanted to take a closer look at what these plugins can do and how much they cost. Take a look at what we learned in our roundup of the 31 best WooCommerce plugins in 2021.
Best WooCommerce Plugins for the Customer Experience
With the proliferation of online shopping opportunities, you want to make sure your site offers an outstanding customer experience, or your customers might look for that elsewhere. Fortunately, a variety of plugins from multiple developers can help you fine-tune the customer experience and improve customer retention.
Following are some of the best WooCommerce plugins for improving the customer experience.
JivoChat is an omnichannel messaging platform that helps companies provide real-time customer support across all major digital channels - facebook, WhatsApp, email, Instagram, website, phone and more - from a single dashboard that syncs with your CRM. JivoChat chatbots can be configured to respond to simple queries about topics like shipping or product availability and to transfer chats to a live agent when human intervention is required.
This WooCommerce plugin also gathers data on site visitors and customers, giving teams a complete record of all interactions across all platforms. With this information, agents can easily upsell, cross-sell, or share special offers with loyal customers.
- CRM integration
- Automatic language translation
- Unlimited chat history storage
- Offline messaging
- Automated agent routing
- Callback requests
- Chat triggers
- Omnichannel support
$13/user/month, with a free version available and a 14-day free trial.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
Sometimes shoppers aren’t ready to buy. When you install YITH WooCommerce Wishlist on your site, shoppers can save their favorite items and return later to buy them, or share their wishlist items with friends, family, and social networks.
With the premium version of this plugin, you can send wishlist owners an email when any of their wishlist items are on sale or back in stock. You can also customize the look and layout of wishlists.
- Sharing options for logged-in and guest users
- Integrates with other YITH WooCommerce site plugins
- "Ask for an estimate" button for service-based businesses
- Custom widget placement
$94.99/year. A free version with limited features is available.
Mix and Match Products
This plugin is for stores built with WooCommerce version 3.1 or newer that sell items in specific quantities — six-packs, cases, etc. When you install the Mix and Match Products plugin, users can specify variations within a container to get exactly what they want.
User reviews of this plugin rave about the prompt and personalized support and the developer’s responsiveness to feature requests.
- Static or responsive pricing
- Dropshipping option
- Customizable templates
- Inventory management
Name Your Price
Name Your Price comes from the same developer that created Mix and Match Products. This plugin is perfect for non-profits that accept online donations and businesses that sell gift cards, because customers can choose the amount they want to pay. Businesses can also use this plugin to test how much customers are willing to pay for a specific product.
- Online bill pay feature
- Multiple e-commerce integrations
- Invoicing add-on
- Minimum or suggested price placeholders
Roles and Permissions for WooCommerce
This app helps B2B customers manage their own accounts. Customers can set permissions for members of their team, track orders, monitor their remaining credit, and more. With these capabilities, B2B customers don’t need to contact sellers with user access requests or inquiries about available credit.
- "Shared cart" feature for getting purchase approvals
- Compatible with Loco Translate plugin
- Custom roles
- Order history
- Account details
With support for any file type, the Product Documents plugin makes it easy to add user manuals, demo videos, assembly instructions, and other product documents to any WooCommerce store. Documents can be configured to expand when clicked or to display automatically on a product page, and you can choose to hide product documents unless users are logged in.
- Custom short codes for replicating product documents on other pages
- Embedded YouTube videos
- Sidebar-display widget
- Easy reordering of documents
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Marketing
Marketing plugins can help you engage your customers while they’re on your site or via email or social media. With features like page analytics and A/B testing, you can use plugins to refine your marketing strategies across all platforms.
Following are some of the best WooCommerce plugins for ramping-up your marketing.
AutomateWoo is a plugin that automates common marketing tasks and gives you detailed analytics about user engagement. You can set up action-based emails and drip campaigns, and get data on open rates, clicks, and conversions. Or send personalized offers or product updates directly to your customers’ smartphones.
- Abandoned cart emails
- Birthday emails/discounts
- VIP features
- Active shopping cart views
- Multiple integrations
Mailchimp for WooCommerce
Mailchimp for WooCommerce is a multi-faceted plugin for tracking user engagement, improving customer retention, and retargeting existing and would-be customers. You can use it to drive traffic to your site from Facebook ads or other social platforms, and monitor what visitors do once they arrive on your site.
- A/B testing
- Retargeting ads
- Audience segmentation
- Email automation
- Predictive purchasing analytics
WooCommerce Conditional Content
WooCommerce Conditional Content is a plugin that lets businesses add dynamic store content, without the need for a developer. Just set up rules on the backend about what content to display, and under what conditions. For example, you can choose to display messages about upcoming sales on specific products, to suggest a complementary product based on a shopper’s cart contents, or to make a special offer based on user type.
- Low stock messages
- Dynamic product displays
- Automated messages anywhere on a website
- Simple bulk price updates
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Shipping & Payments
Shipping and payment processing doesn’t have to be a hassle. With the following plugins, you can improve shipping and payments for your internal team and your customers.
Stripe lets businesses accept payments via a mobile card reader or on their WooCommerce site. With no monthly fees, and the ability to accept payments in more than 135 currencies, it’s easy to see why so many businesses count on Stripe for their payment processing. (Note: A valid SSL certificate is required in order to use this plugin).
- SCA support for transactions in the European Economic Area
- Optimized for checkout with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- PCI-compliant checkout process
- Reporting features
- Quick setup and installation
Free. Paid add-ons may be required for advanced functionality.
Conditional Shipping and Payments
This plugin for WooCommerce lets you set up rules for shipping and payment that automatically offer or restrict options for the user. You can set free shipping for a product, category, or shipping class and restrict shipping methods and rates based on product weight, item count, or cart total.
- Restrict payment gateways based on location or shipping type
- Customize shipping and payment options based on customer roles
- Set multiple conditional rules for purchases and payments
- Prevent products containing batteries from shipping via Royal Mail
Split Orders lets you fulfill customer orders in an Amazon-like way — when orders contain multiple items, you can ship each item as soon as possible, and use separate couriers to deliver those items.
- Manually split orders by product or by item quantity
- Automatically generate shipment tracking for items handled by different couriers
- Split an order to send part of it to a different address
- Process refunds with a single click
Intuit Payments Gateway
If you have a QuickBooks Online account set up to support Intuit Payments — a requirement for using this plugin — this extra bit of software can streamline your processes. It allows customers to securely save their credit card information for future purchases, offers a faster checkout process on mobile devices, and keeps customers on your site during the checkout process.
- Meets PCI SAQ A-EP compliance standards
- Accepts major credit cards
- Accepts eChecks with Intuit Payments account
- Automatic processing of voids and refunds within WooCommerce
Selling your product around the world? This plugin lets your customers quickly select their currency from a drop-down menu. You’ll need to use a payment gateway that supports other currencies, or you can use the Conditional Shipping and Payments plugin to restrict currencies based on what your payment gateway supports.
- Currency switcher widget
- Price format conversions
- "Round up to" option for cleaner pricing
- Multiple integrations
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Discounts & Coupons
Delight your budget-conscious customers with discounts and coupons. The following WooCommerce plugins will help you do that.
Booster Plus for WooCommerce provides an all-in-one solution for WooCommerce store owners with over 110+ different modules to extend the core WooCommerce functionality. It packs lots of functionality in a single plugin which means you don’t have to worry about plugin bloat.
The plugin is intuitive and easy to use, even for new users. Without any prior coding experience, you can customize and create a beautiful WooCommerce store that best represents your brand.
- PDF Invoicing
- Products displayed in different currencies with automatic exchange rates
- Customized buttons and price labels for your products
- Customized products or automatic discounts
- Customized checkout experience
- Customized payment gateways based on currency, shipping method, country
- Enabled custom input fields (gift-wrapping, different sizes)
- Custom emails and additional recipient
$144/year - Booster-110+ Plugins in One
The Smart Coupons plugin offers several different ways to give customers discounts. You can choose a free giveaway with purchase, a percentage discount, a cart discount, and other types of money-saving perks. You can also embed coupons in social media posts and benefit from your customers sharing your posts.
- Transferable store credits
- Gift certificates
- Optional free shipping
- Bulk-generate coupons
Coupon Referral Program
This simple plugin lets existing customers refer friends and family by sharing a link on social media or forwarding an email, in exchange for a discount on their next purchase. Reporting features show you the performance and utilization of coupons, so you can continually improve upon your promotions strategy.
- Fixed or percentage discounts
- Enable points earned instead of discounts
- Set minimum and maximum spend for coupon usage
- Set expiration dates for referrals and coupons
Spin Wheel for WooCommerce
This plugin creates an attention-grabbing spin wheel that website visitors can click on for a change to get a discount. The wheel can be placed on any page and triggered by different actions, such as exit intent or navigation to a new page.
- Customizable colors, sizes, text, and page placement
- Display different wheels based on mobile or desktop usage
- Set duration for spin wheel display
- Link the wheel to e-books or PDFs
- Enable sound
This plugin provides all the code you need to ensure customers are seeing accurate coupon information. The shortcodes are either conditional — based on factors like expiration date and combined offers — or informational, displaying the coupon code, text, and explanation.
- Prevent the use of multiple coupons for a single purchase
- Allow coupon codes only for specific products
- Show customers when a coupon has been applied
- Show customers when a coupon is invalide/expired
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Marketplace Integration
If you haven’t established a presence on popular marketplace platforms, WooCommerce plugins can help you do that.
Google Product Feed
The information Google requires in order to display products in its shopping feed is much more than what WooCommerce contains on the backend. With this plugin, you can flesh out product data fields so that they’re Google-ready. Once your products are formatted for and fed to Google, you can set up Google Product Ads.
- Full product descriptions, including availability, gallery images, and embedded content
- Locally relevant fields (such as options for picking up in-store)
- Google Product Review integration
- WooCommerce Multi-Currency integration
Walmart Integration for WooCommerce
This plugin for the Walmart marketplace lets you bulk-upload products and manage all of your listings from within WooCommerce. This plugin is pricier than some of the other plugins on our list, but with it, you get a dedicated account manager to help with installation and onboarding. And there’s no monthly fee to sell on Walmart — the store charges third-party sellers only when they make a sale.
- Pre-set product categories help Walmart customers find your products
- Automatic price updating and inventory synchronization
- Access to Walmart seller metrics
Etsy Integration for WooCommerce
This plugin helps sellers manage product listings on Etsy and simplifies shipping for global orders, with a configurable shipping template. Etsy charges a flat 20 cents for a product listing, and listings can include variations at no additional cost.
- Customizable product layout and themes
- Editable style sheets
- Bulk product uploads
- Real-time product data sync between platforms
Ebay Integration for WooCommerce
Like other marketplace plugins, this eBay plugin allows for bulk product uploads from WooCommerce. It also includes a marketing dashboard, so you can create eBay ads and monitor campaigns.
- Connect multiple eBay accounts to a single WooCommerce store
- Dedicated account manager
- Edit or remove listings in WooCommerce
- One-click category mapping
Pinterest for WooCommerce by Premmerce
Last on our list of the best WooCommerce plugins for marketplace integrations is this Pinterest plugin. Bulk-pin products or pin them individually and see which pins users save to their boards. You can even schedule pins in advance.
Open Graph markup enhances pins
Automatic image sizing
All pins hyperlink to a WooCommerce store
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Security & Safety
These next two plugins help you protect your store from malicious bots and provide safety warnings that help customers make decisions.
ReCaptcha for WooCommerce
This reCaptcha plugin offers a simple way to keep harmful bots from accessing your store content and prevents fake registrations and unauthorized logins. You can display it wherever it’s relevant, such as on the log-in page, a contact form, or on a checkout page.
- WordPress integration
- Easy process for users
- Protects customer data
Product Warnings & Disclaimers
With this plugin, you can easily add warnings, disclaimers, and other important messages to any product listing. These pop-ups are impossible to ignore — customers have to click a button to make the message disappear — so you can be certain they saw the content.
- Can create "error" and "success" pop-ups
- Unlimited number of warnings
- Customizable icons
- Informative pop-ups can alert customers about "final sale" items
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Accounting
QuickBooks Sync for WooCommerce
Link your QuickBooks account with your WooCommerce store, using this handy plugin. You can sync your inventory, payments, bank deposits, and more.
- Compatible with any payment gateway
- Support for Stripe
- Global tax and currency support
- No need to match SKUs between platforms
Free, with some features available only in a premium version ($39-$69/month).
Costs & Reports for WooCommerce
With this plugin, you can see all of your product information in a single window and quickly adjust pricing, value at cost, markup, and other features. You can also sort information by column, and export data in CSV format, and this plugin lets you run reports based on a variety of characteristics — category, SKU, variation, and more.
- Bulk editing for every field
- POT file for translation into other languages
- Compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions
- Automatic calculations
Best WooCommerce Plugins for Customizing Store Appearance
Once you’ve decided which plugins you’ll use to improve your WooCommerce store functionality, it’s time to think about how to add visual appeal. This next and final round of WooCommerce plugins can help you create a more colorful and engaging user experience.
Make sure your customers are seeing the products you want them to see — use this plugin to add badges and call-outs anywhere on your site. Choose from more than 140 badges or create your own text-based badge and style it with this tool.
- Countdown-timer badges
- Customize badge placement
- Resize width for automatic length resizing
- Single dashboard for bulk or individual badge management
Product Video for WooCommerce
Easily add videos to your website with Product Video for WooCommerce. You can choose to play videos in a pop-up, on a webpage or product page, or in full-screen mode. And with this plugin, you can embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and other platforms.
- Customizable thumbnails
- Video galleries
- Enable/disable auto-play
- Customize video width and height on product pages
- Mute videos
Nested Category Layout
Organize your store and help customers find products with Nested Category Layout, a plugin compatible with WooCommerce themes and the Genesis Framework. A nested layout requires fewer clicks from customers and presents products in a logical hierarchy.
- Define number of products per subcategory to display
- Simple user interface
- Overrideable architecture allows customization and support for additional themes and frameworks
All-In-One Product Slider Carousel for WooCommerce
This plugin makes it easy to add a product slider carousel to pages, posts, or templates. Sliders can be vertical or horizontal, with 16 transition effects, and the option to show or hide pricing.
- Customizable height and width
- Responsive design
- Three themes for each slider
- Auto-scroll or user-activated scroll
Which WooCommerce Plugin Will You Try?
Now that you’ve read through our list of the 31 best WooCommerce Plugins, which ones will you be adding to your store? We recommend starting with a plugin that helps you improve the customer experience, then focusing on improving other aspects of your store later.
JivoChat’s simple omnichannel messaging capability lets you delight customers wherever they may be. Answer queries, offer upsells, and impress your customers by remembering their preferences. Take a closer look at JivoChat, and sign up for your free account!
Sign up and try JivoChat for yourself!