15 Best Shopify Plugins to Boost Store Sales
It’s no surprise with the number of vendors that everybody is now on the hunt for the best Shopify plugins to boost sales and create a better experience for customers. The good news for Shopify merchants is that they are spoiled for choice.
There are Shopify plugins to increase upsells, provide better customer service, sell more products, and even make it easier for people to return items.
Let's explore 15 of the best Shopify plugins to boost your store's sales.
Reviews: 97 reviews | Average rating: 4.2
Online stores have come a long way with how they handle returns.
Thanks to plugins like Returnly, it’s never been easier for customers to return products they don’t want or like—which is good because 30% of all products are eventually returned. If you make the return process easy for customers, 92% say they’ll shop with you again.
Returnly makes returns simple for customers by putting the process in their hands. Customers can print return labels from their account and use store credit to make another purchase before shipping the item back.
There are perks for vendors, too. Returnly has an analytics dashboard merchants can use to track customer behavior and what items are being returned more than others.
- The return center is fully customizable, so you can add your store's branding
- Customers can print their own labels using the self-service return center
- Customize policy settings so customers can only return or claim credit according to your store’s rules
- Auto-refunding saves you time by processing returns without getting a human involved
- Pre-built integrations like Help Desks, 3PLs, ERPs as well as Returnly API means the plugin will fit into most tech stacks
Pricing: From $29/month. 14-day free trial
Reviews: 1775 reviews | Average rating: 4.9
Online merchants don’t have the luxury that brick-and-mortar stores have: A shopping assistant that can suggest additional products that customers might like.
Frequently Bought Together is a Shopify plugin that automatically suggests related products for items already in a customer’s basket to increase the average order value. For example, if a customer is buying a pair of shoes from your store, Frequently Bought Together may suggest adding some socks to the order to increase its overall value.
The plugin operates using an artificial intelligence algorithm that suggests items based on previous customer behavior and the items that customers already have in their cart. This means that it automatically creates upsell opportunities without any effort on your end!
- The AI algorithm makes automatic product recommendations based on shopping behaviors, cutting down the time you spend creating manual recommendations
- Vendors can create product bundles manually if they see patterns in buying behaviors that the plugin hasn’t detected
- If you are stocking new products, the plugin can make random recommendations until there is enough data to make automatic decisions
- Offer discounts on product bundles to increase the average order value of customer purchases (i.e. cheapest item for free, free shipping, etc.)
- Customize the interface to match your store’s branding and colors
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $9.99/month. 30-day free trial.
Reviews: 2,427 reviews | Average rating: 5.0
ReConvert is an app that allows Shopify merchants to retarget customers with upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
It’s simple: Once someone buys something from your store, they are automatically shown an optimized thank you page with other offers. You can customize this page with limited-time offers and use it as a form to collect information about customer birthdays so you can target them later.
You don't need to know how to code to take advantage of ReConvert's features, either. The drag-and-drop interface lets you customize thank you pages and forms to match your store's branding.
- Automate product recommendations to boost upsell and cross-sell opportunities after a customer makes a purchase
- Create a popup timer to automatically show on the screen if a customer is taking too long to buy, with limited time offers to increase urgency
- Send customers post-purchase surveys to get a better insight into their wants and behavior
- Target specific customers by creating trigger pages that show when they buy certain products
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $7.99/month. 30-day free trial.
Reviews: 1,428 reviews | Average rating: 4.8
Wishlist Plus is a Shopify plugin that allows your customers to bookmark products they like on your website and save them so they can purchase them later.
Whether they're waiting for payday or a second opinion, once the customer returns to your store, all they have to do is select their wishlist, and it'll be waiting for them. A social proof feature also shows customers how many others have put the item on their wishlist, creating excitement and urgency around their purchase.
According to Wishlist Plus, merchants who have installed the plugin have seen conversion rates increase by 20-30%, with average order values up 30-50%.
- It’s easy to set up and doesn’t require coding — just unbox it and plug it straight into your Shopify store
- Track insights and customer activity using the dashboard
- Integrate with other popular tools like Mailchimp, Klaviyo, ReSci, Sailthru, Facebook, Instagram, and Salesforce
Pricing: Free plan available. Paid plans start at $14.99/month. 30-day free trial.
Reviews: 102 reviews | Average rating: 4.6
Instead of jumping from app to app, you can track visitors in real-time when they're on your site, proactively initiate live chats with them, and add leads to the built-in CRM to follow up with and convert them into customers.
- The "typing insight" feature allows vendors to see what messages their visitors are writing before they hit send
- Instant callbacks so merchants can call customers within 30 seconds of their first inquiry
- Use canned responses to set up chatbots that can reply to customers instantly
- Multi-agent chat allows you to transfer customers to product specialist colleagues
- The plugin has a desktop, mobile, or web version so you can chat with customers from anywhere
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting from $19/month. 14-day free trial.
Reviews: 10,279 | Average rating: 4.9
Nobody likes paying for shipping. In fact, 90% of customers say the allure of free shipping is the biggest perk in getting them to buy an item.
The Free Shipping Bar plugin tells your website visitors loud and clear what your stance on shipping is. If you offer free shipping on any purchase—or limit it to orders over a certain value—tell your customers as soon as they land on your site.
Not only can you customize the message whenever you need to, but telling your customers your shipping costs up front could prevent them from abandoning their carts once they get to your checkout.
- Geotargeting allows vendors to customize pricing rules for different countries (e.g. "Free US shipping for orders over $100" or "Free UK shipping for orders over £75")
- Customize the bar to display only on certain pages, like product and home pages
- App automatically detects the location of each visitor and their currency and immediately converts the shipping rules using real-time exchange rates
- Track the performance of each shipping bar and analyze which offers and rules generate the most sales
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $9.99/month.
Reviews: 5,282 reviews | Average rating: 4.9
Vendors can use PageFly to optimize every inch of their store, from blog posts to lead capture forms. Thanks to the search optimization feature, merchants can easily optimize meta titles, image descriptions, and alt text to boost their search engine rankings.
- Choose from 80+ templates to quickly create responsive, optimized pages
- Use the page speed optimizer to delay objects loading
- Pre-made layouts help vendors easily create newsletters and brand stories
- Save templates and pages you create to reuse on other parts of the website
- Page analytics allow vendors to track and analyze how well each page is performing once it goes live
Pricing: Free plan available, paid plans start at $19/month.
Reviews: 24,563 reviews | Average rating: 4.6
If you have a Shopify store and you want to improve your onsite conversions, Privy is the plugin for you.
Privy helps vendors grow their lists and convert shoppers who are uncommitted, using email capture tools and exit-intent popups. The best part is that vendors can add the plugin without coding knowledge and embed forms, offer coupons, and email offers using a single tool.
- Run automated A/B tests to analyze what offers and popups are driving sales
- Automate cart abandonment emails to entice people back to your store
- Send newsletters and promotional offers to visitors automatically once they sign up for your email list
- Integrate Privy with 50+ email marketing services like Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Conversio, and Bronto
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $15/month. 15-day free trial.
Reviews: 3939 reviews | Average rating: 4.7
Loyalty programs are no longer just for brick-and-mortar stores, thanks to the Smile.io Shopify plugin.
Once customers sign up for your loyalty program, they can access exclusive perks like birthday rewards and earn points every time they make a purchase. Vendors can then customize what customers can use these points for, like free gifts and coupon codes.
- Implementing and customizing Smile.io takes minutes—no coding experience required
- Rewards button and popup forms help capture customer information and easily recruit them into the loyalty program
- Customize the loyalty program to match your store’s branding by adding logos, colors, and banners
- One-click integrations with other popular Shopify apps like Klaviyo, Mailchimp, Omnisend, Privy, and Gorgias
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $49/month.
Reviews: 7,002 reviews | Average rating: 4.8
One-click installation, no developer needed, and your first campaign up and running in under a minute — sounds too good to be true, but that’s what Ultimate Sales Boost can do.
This Shopify plugin can boost sales and motivate customers to add items to their carts by automatically placing timers and popups on your product pages. Once customers know that a product or offer is only available for a limited time, it’ll increase the chances of them making a purchase!
- Add shipping and deliver timers to product pages to help customers estimate when their order will arrive
- Have BOGO (buy one get one) upsell messages and free shipping messages appear on certain product pages
- Populate trust badges and seals on checkout pages to instill trust in your site’s security
- Target customers with custom offers using product tagging and geolocation targeting
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $9.99/month.
Reviews: 6,459 reviews | Average rating: 4.9
Wish your Shopify store visitors could see all of your fantastic customer reviews? With Ali Reviews, they can.
The plugin sends fully customizable and automated review request emails to customers who have purchased products. Once they write you a review, it’ll automatically appear on your website so other visitors can see it.
Vendors can also customize how the reviews look on their site using different widgets, popups and carousel sliders. If you want reviews to appear on your homepage or certain product pages, just drag and drop a review widget wherever you want it—no coding needed!
- Import 1000+ reviews from AliExpress instantly to fill your site with positive customer experiences
- Add reviews and ratings to your store using integrations like PageFly, GemPages, and LayoutHub
- Add custom review boxes and popups to high-traffic pages
- Automatically responsive on any device your customers use
Pricing: From $9.90/month. 7-day free trial.
Reviews: 3,517 reviews | Average rating: 4.5
Facebook channel gives vendors a way to extend their selling powers onto Facebook and Instagram.
After the plugin is integrated, you can connect your social media accounts and automatically sync your Shopify product catalog to whatever channels you choose. If you want to market on Facebook or sell products directly from an Instagram post, you can with Facebook Channel.
- Use free and paid marketing tools to showcase products across Facebook or Instagram without leaving your Shopify dashboard
- Track ad activity and manage product showcases from inside the Facebook channel app
- Create Facebook audience-building ads and dynamic retargeting ads for lookalike audiences
- One-click integrations with Facebook and Instagram
Reviews: 5,218 reviews | Average rating: 4.5
Google channel is the perfect plugin for vendors who want to integrate Google Shopping with their Shopify store.
Not only does the plugin allow merchants to launch paid Smart Shopping campaigns to promote products across Google, but you can also list products (for free!) on Google from your Shopify dashboard.
As the plugin integrates with Google’s network, your ads will also be shown across the Display Network, which includes platforms like YouTube and Gmail.
- Campaigns are automatically optimized to show shoppers ideal products
- Free listings on Google leverage the network to show millions of searchers your store’s products
- Vendors that are new to Google can earn up to $150 in ad credit to spend on Smart Shopping
- Built-in analytics make it easy to track campaign results and budgets
- Integrates with Google Merchant Center and Google Ads
Reviews: 424 reviews | Average rating: 4.8
Back in Stock is a must-have plugin for Shopify merchants who sell physical products.
If you run out of an item, customers can sign up to be alerted—by email or SMS—when it comes back into stock. When it’s restocked, Back in Stock will instantly alert them so they can return to your store and make their purchase.
- Installation takes less than 30 seconds and doesn’t require coding knowledge
- Automated stock alerts save you time by manually alerting customers when a product is back in stock
- Customize email templates with your own messaging to suit your store’s tone of voice
Pricing: Free plan available, with paid plans starting at $19/month. 14-day free trial.
Reviews: 127 reviews | Average rating: 4.8
Social Photos empowers vendors to create social proof and sell items by leveraging user-generated Content (UGC).
Vendors can curate photos from site uploads and Instagram and then display them as social proof on their site. Simply gather posts, mentions, tags, and hashtags on Instagram about your products, and then Social Photos can populate them onto your site to show visitors your happy customers.
- Customize UGC to match your site’s branding and message
- Create shoppable galleries so visitors can shop looks from UGC
- Responsive galleries allow visitors to shop looks from any device
- Get daily alerts of UGC relating to your store that you can moderate and upload instantly
- Track your store’s UGC using analytics, engagement, and conversions
Pricing: From $15/month. 14-day free trial
There you have it—our top 15 picks for the best Shopify plugins available for vendors right now.
The reality is that there are plugins for almost any corner of your Shopify website. Vendors can boost upsells, automatically add reviews, and optimize their pages for search engines.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to choose the best Shopify plugins for your store and to start integrating them!
Want to boost your Shopify sales and support with a leading omni-channel business messenger? Create a free JivoChat account today!
Sign up and try JivoChat for yourself!